One of the key features of any full-size SUV is an ability to take all the family and all of their cargo. Growing families, after all, need space to grow, so a versatile interior with room for as many as possible is a must-have if you’re looking for a new vehicle. With this in mind, there’s really no equaling the cargo and passenger space that can be delivered by the 2016 Honda Pilot.
Room for Your Cargo
The 2016 Honda Pilot allows you to take up to 109 cubic feet of cargo behind the first-row seats, with folding seats making it easy for you to create that amount of room.
Whether you’re aiming to help your firstborn move to college, take suitcases aplenty for a family vacation, or simply fill her up with groceries, the Pilot will suit you better than most competing crossovers and SUVs:
- The 2016 Ford Explorer offers just 80.7 cubic feet of maximum cargo volume.
- The 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee delivers only 68.3 cubic feet of maximum cargo volume.
- The 2016 Kia Sorento makes do with a meager 73.5 cubic feet of maximum cargo volume.
- The 2016 Nissan Pathfinder offers a modest 79.8 cubic feet of maximum cargo volume.
- The 2016 Subaru Outback provides only 73.3 cubic feet of maximum cargo volume.
- The 2016 Toyota RAV4 makes room for up to 73.4 cubic feet of maximum cargo volume.
- The 2016 Toyota Highlander provides 83.7 cubic feet of maximum cargo volume.
Room for Your Passengers
Families know how important it is to be able to haul plenty of cargo, but what really matters is being able to bring along the whole brood with room to spare.
The Pilot accomplishes that goal nicely by making space for up to eight passengers. That’s a feat that puts it on an even standing with most minivans, and up to 153.1 cubic feet of passenger volume means that everyone will get plenty of room to spread out and relax.
Taking longer trips in the confined cabins of the competition won’t be as pleasant, especially since most of them don’t go beyond five-passenger seating arrangements.
- The 2016 Ford Explorer provides seating for seven and up to 151.7 cubic feet of passenger volume.
- The 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee delivers seating for five and only 105.4 cubic feet of passenger volume for them to spread out and relax.
- The 2016 Kia Sorento offers seating for either five or seven and supplies 146.4 cubic feet of passenger volume.
- The 2016 Subaru Outback can take only five passengers and allows for 108.1 cubic feet of passenger volume.
- The 2016 Toyota RAV4 accommodates only five passengers at a time and makes do with a pitiful 101.9 cubic feet of passenger volume.
- The 2016 Toyota Highlander is the only rival to match the Pilot’s eight-passenger capacity, but passengers will find less room to breathe thanks to only 144.9 cubic feet of passenger volume.
Check Out the Roomy Pilot for Yourself
The 2016 Honda Pilot interior space is one of the major things that separates it from rival SUVs and crossovers. To experience that space firsthand, just pay a visit to your closest Hampton Roads Honda Dealers location.