Before being drawn in by the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander price, did you know that there are other crossovers in the Hampton Roads area with similar amenities and specs but with lower prices? The 2016 Honda HR-V is available now at a Hampton Roads Honda Dealer near you and manages to go toe-to-toe with the Outlander on key features while offering you a significantly lower price tag.
Let’s take a look at how the two crossovers compare.
2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Price and Features
Let’s cut to the chase: Drivers looking for the least expensive crossover have a pretty simple choice to make.
- The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 2WD has a base price of $22,995 (MSRP).
- The 2016 Honda HR-V 2WD LX 6MT has a base price of only $19,215 (MSRP).*
Many drivers think that when a vehicle costs more, there must be something better about it. It’s what everyone would like to think. But when we compared these two crossovers side-by-side, we were struggling to find out where the price difference came from.
- The 2016 HR-V has a standard multi-angle rearview camera while the Outlander requires upgrades and price increases for just a standard rearview camera.
- Honda gives drivers standard under-seat storage in the HR-V, which is unavailable on the Mitsubishi.
- The Honda Magic Seat is exclusive to the Honda brand and lets you quickly and easily expand the rear cargo area of the HR-V; you can even fold rear seats up to set tall cargo on the back floor.
- Honda makes Real Time All-Wheel Drive available on every trim level of the HR-V, but Mitsubishi requires drivers to upgrade past the ES trim level before their all-wheel drive system is available.
These are just a few of the differences in the features of these two crossovers, all with advantages pointing to Honda, and we haven’t even looked at the fuel economies yet.
Test Drive an HR-V
We think the advantages clearly lie with the HR-V, but you should really see all of the things it has to offer in person to understand how it trumps the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander price and features. Visit a Hampton Roads Honda Dealer today to take a test drive of the HR-V and see it firsthand.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $900.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.
Hampton Roads Honda Dealers includes Casey Honda, Checkered Flag Honda, First Team Honda, Hall Honda Elizabeth City, Hall Honda Virginia Beach, Priority Honda Chesapeake, Priority Honda Hampton, and Williamsburg Honda.