If you’re looking at the 2016 Toyota Corolla technology features and thinking it’s got something special to offer Hampton Roads drivers, we suggest you look at some other cars as well. While the Corolla has certainly advanced since it first hit the market decades ago, its standard features package and available amenities are still lagging behind some of its top competitors.
We think the 2016 Honda Civic is one of the best cars for the money in the small car class, and part of that is due to its incredible selection of standard and available tech features. Let’s see how the Corolla compares.
The Base Trim
Like we said, the 2016 Toyota Corolla technology features are definitely a step up from its past versions, but it’s still lacking in some key areas, including:
- Rearview Camera: The Civic has a standard multi-angle rear camera while the Corolla requires an upgrade beyond the base trim for even a single-view camera.
- Advanced Safety Features: The Honda Sensing safety features package is available on every trim, including the base model, including features like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, collision mitigation braking, and more. Comparable features are not available on the Corolla at all, from the base trim to the top-of-the-line model.
Take a closer look at how the base trim levels of these two sedans compare in our 2016 Toyota Corolla review.
Upper Trim Levels
Some drivers accept that upgrades are necessary for tech features, but even when upgrading the Corolla it seems to come up short against the Civic. Here are just a few examples:
- Telematics: The Civic includes HondaLink telematics on EX and higher trim levels while the Corolla doesn’t have a comparable connectivity option.
- Trip Computer: Honda’s Civic includes a multi-function trip computer on EX and higher trims as well while the Corolla only has the feature available on the sport-themed “S” trims.
- Stereo: Both vehicles feature a stereo, of course, but the Civic has a 10-speaker stereo system available on upper trim levels while the Corolla can only broadcast your driving soundtrack with six speakers.
Test Drive a Civic
We’ve just touched on the advantages the Civic has over the 2016 Toyota Corolla technology features, and we haven’t even talked about the two more powerful, more efficient engines of the Civic. Visit a Hampton Roads Honda Dealer near you today so we can go over the Civic in greater detail and show you why it’s one of the best small cars on the road.
Hampton Roads Honda Dealers includes Casey Honda, Checkered Flag Honda, First Team Honda, Hall Honda Elizabeth City, Hall Honda Virginia Beach, Priority Honda Chesapeake, Priority Honda Hampton, and Williamsburg Honda.