If you’re looking to choose between the 2016 Honda Pilot and the 2016 Toyota Highlander, it’s more than a little likely that price will be a prime concern. With that in mind, it should come as no surprise to learn the Pilot invariably pulls ahead; a quick comparison shows that it offers more features than the Highlander while also asking for less money in return.
Trim Levels and Prices
The 2016 Honda Pilot offers five well-balanced trim levels to cover the varying needs of American families:
- Honda Pilot LX: $30,145 MSRP (for 2WD 6AT models)*
- Honda Pilot EX: $32,580 MSRP (for 2WD 6AT models)*
- Honda Pilot EX-L: $36,055 MSRP (for 2WD 6AT models)*
- Honda Pilot Touring: $41,170 MSRP (for 2WD models)*
- Honda Pilot Elite: $46,570 MSRP*
The 2016 Toyota Highlander also offers five trim levels, but it starts higher than the Pilot, finishes higher than the Pilot, and all but one of its mid-level options will also cost more than the Pilot equivalent:
- LE: Starts at $30,490
- LE Plus: Starts at $34,395
- XLE: Starts at $37,315
- Limited: Starts at $40,915
- Hybrid Limited: Starts at $47,870
Features for Your Money
The 2016 Honda Pilot doesn’t stop at demanding less of your hard-earned money than the 2016 Toyota Highlander—it also offers far more features across the board.
For example, the following amenities come as standard with the Pilot LX but not with the Highlander LE:
- Front active head restraints
- Multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines
- Floor mats
- Armrest storage area
The 2016 Honda Pilot continues to outperform the uninspiring 2016 Toyota Highlander when you reach each vehicle’s top-of-the-line model; for example, only the Pilot is able to offer all of the following driver assistance features:
- Honda LaneWatch
- Road departure mitigation
- Lane keeping assist system
- Collision mitigation braking system
- Adaptive cruise control
- Forward collision warning
- Lane departure warning
See the Pilot in Action
The 2016 Honda Pilot comes at a lower price than the 2016 Toyota Highlander while delivering more standard and available features. To test drive yours today, don’t hesitate to come on down to the Hampton Roads Honda showroom.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $900.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.