The 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Trim Levels
Performance and Fuel Economy
The fuel economy and powerful performance of the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback ensures that it stands out from the rest of the competition on the road, and according to Edmunds.com, that as “An excellent all-arounder, the newest Civic drives well no matter which version you pick.”
Under the hood you’ll find a turbocharged engine that produces up to 174. Paired with a 6-speed transmission as the standard, a CVT is also an available option on the entry-level LX trim and the next step up the model lineup on the Sport model. The EX, EX-L Navi, and Sport Touring trim levels get a standard CVT.
With the 6-speed manual transmission, drivers will achieve a fuel economy of an EPA-estimated 30 city / 39 highway / 33 combined mpg.* For drivers who choose the CVT, those numbers jump to an EPA-estimated 31 city / 40 highway / 34 combined mpg.*
As one of the most well-equipped vehicles on the road, the Civic Hatchback LX model is loaded with features that bolster comfort and convenience, whether you’re headed around the corner or across the state. Some of these features you’ll find on this trim level include:
- Automatic Climate Control
- Cruise Control
- Illuminated Steering Wheel–Mounted Controls
- Multi-angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- 60/40-Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback
Standard Audio and Connectivity
Inside the LX, you’ll also stay entertained with audio and connectivity functions that keep you connected while on the road and give you access to all your favorite content, including:
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink
- Bluetooth Streaming Audio
- Pandora Compatibility
- SMS Text Message Function
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control
- 160-Watt Audio System with Four Speakers
- 5-inch Color LCD Screen
The Sport trim is a great option for drivers who love to drive, as it comes with a long list of driver-centric features such as:
- Center Outlet Dual Exhaust System
- Fog Lights
- Underbody Spoiler Kit
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
- Textured Aluminum Pedals
The EX is the mid-range trim level geared toward drivers who want more comfort, technology, and luxury features than the entry-level LX offers but don’t necessarily want the driving-centric features of the Sport model. On the EX, you’ll find:
- Honda LaneWatch
- Smart Entry and Push-Button Start
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
- 180-Watt Audio System with 8 Speakers
- 7-Inch Display Audio Touchscreen with Customizable Feature Settings
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
The EX-L Navi
Like its name suggests, the EX-L Navi not only picks up where the features of the EX left off, but it also comes with a navigation system, which can make the EX-L Navi a great option for drivers who need a little assistance when getting around with the Civic Hatchback. Other features that make up the EX-L Navi include:
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Heated Seats
- Leather-Trimmed Interior
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition
The Sport Touring
The Sport Touring model is at the top of the model lineup and brings the sporty features of the Sport trim while building upon all the features of the EX-L. Some of these state-of-the-art features include:
- Rain-Sensing Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off (low and high beam)
- LED Integrated Turn Indicators
- Heated Front and Outer Rear Seats
- 545-Watt Premium Audio System with 12 Speakers including Subwoofer
Honda Sensing Driving Aids
The Honda Sensing package of driver-assist technology is available in the LX, EX, and EX-L Navi trims. The top-of-the-line Sport Touring trim sees the entire suite as a part of its standard equipment.
Lane Keeping Assist System – This system detects when the Civic Hatchback veers out of the lane lines on the highway and can nudge the steering wheel to move the vehicle back toward the center of the lane.
Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow – This system allows drivers to set a desired speed and a distance interval with the vehicle ahead, and the Civic Hatchback does the rest, keeping the vehicle within the natural flow of traffic.
Auto High-Beam Headlights – These headlights automatically switch between low-beam and high-beam headlights for optimal visibility.
Collision Mitigation Braking System – This system can detect when the Civic Hatchback is dangerously approaching an oncoming vehicle or other object and can engage the brakes in order to mitigate an impact.
Road Departure Mitigation System – If the Civic Hatchback rolls over lane lines or road markings, this system will engage the brakes and steering to keep you from going off the road.
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.