The 2017 Honda Civic Sedan Technology Features
Standard Technology Features
Starting with the LX trim is a long list of standard features and equipment. In fact, the Honda Civic is one of the best-equipped vehicles on the road, offering even entry-level drivers a model that is decked out with technology that you would have to find on higher trim levels with other vehicles. Some of what you can expect to find in terms of technology include:
- Electric Parking Brake – This segment-first electronic parking brake activates with a simple lift of the finger.
- Multi-angle Rearview Camera – This rearview camera allows drivers to switch between three different modes: normal, wide, and top-down. Drivers can see the Civic’s surroundings and back into and out of spaces with ease.
- USB Audio Interface – Plug in and charge devices on the go.
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and Streaming Audio – Connect compatible devices such as smartphones via Bluetooth to access music, podcasts, and other content while still keeping your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control – When the Civic slows down or is cruising slowly through a parking area, the volume will automatically lower. When the Civic hits the open road again and speeds up, the music will crank up once again.
- 5-inch Color LCD Screen – Both driver and front passenger can seamlessly navigate through content and controls through this intuitive interface.
- 12-Volt Power Outlet – Charge up any device with a power outlet up front.
- Eco Assist System – This system visually tells drivers how efficiently they are driving. Make adjustments, and the green light will let you know when you are driving as efficiently as you can.
Honda Sensing is an available suite of technologies and driving aids that actively help the driver to drive better on the road. Among the features are:
Lane Keeping Assist System
– If the Civic veers out of the center of the lane on the road, the steering wheel will gently nudge it back on track.
Adaptive Cruise Control – The flexible Adaptive Cruise Control system with Low-Speed Follow allows drivers to set a desired speed and following distance so they can enjoy the drive without making constant manual adjustments.
Collision Mitigation System – If an oncoming vehicle or object is detected, the brakes will automatically kick in to help avoid collisions.
Road Departure Mitigation System – This system warns drivers if the Civic is headed over road markers or off the road entirely and can even apply the brakes to avoid accidents.
Level Up for More Tech Features
Building up from where the LX trim leaves off are even more technology features for drivers who want upgrades on the equipment that comes standard on the LX trim or who want a little more in terms of entertainment and connectivity. As you explore the trim levels, you’ll find features such as:
7-inch Display Screen – This is an upgraded touchscreen from the 5-inch screen in the LX trim. It features customizable feature settings to give drivers even more control over their favorite content.
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – Standard on the EX-T, EX-L, and Touring trims, these systems are the best way to access everything on your smartphone through the Civic. Drivers can make calls, get directions, use search functions, send and receive messages, access maps, play music, and more.
Pandora Compatibility – Access Pandora with the Civic and listen to your favorite music.
Navigation System – Available on the EX-L trim and standard on the Touring is the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System. Voice recognition and real-time digital traffic are features with this system.
Honda LaneWatch – When the Civic signals for a right-lane change, a camera mounted on the passenger-side mirror activates a live feed video on the display screen. Drivers can see up to four times more than using the mirrors alone to be sure the coast is clear and there are no vehicles hiding in the blind spot.
Other Available Features
Beyond the technology, entertainment, and connectivity features, the higher trim levels of the Civic continue the precedent of the LX by offering more comfort and convenience features that add even more luxuriousness and style inside. Some features that are mainstays on these higher trims include:
- Wireless Charging Mat Accessory
- Remote Engine Start
- Push-Button Start
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Heated Seats
- Leather-trimmed Seats