There’s plenty of gorgeous scenery to be seen and many destinations to visit in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and North Carolina—and Honda has the ideal vehicle to take you to them!
While there are certainly a lot of reasons why the 2017 Honda Fit is the perfect road-trip car, we’ve simplified that list to what we think are the top 10 reasons. Check them out—and then come in and see us for a test drive!
10 Reasons to Hit the Road in a Honda Fit
Whether you’re gearing up for a lengthy trip or just heading out for the day, the Honda Fit is the perfect car to take you where you want to go. Among the Fit’s many, many impressive assets, we consider these to be the top 10 reasons why the Honda Fit is the perfect road-trip machine:
- Fuel Economy: Gasoline can easily become your biggest expense on a road trip—unless, that is, you’re driving the Honda Fit LX CVT, which delivers an amazing EPA-estimated 33 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway!*
- Cargo Space: This subcompact hatchback packs in an unbelievable amount of interior space. We’re not sure how Honda’s engineers pulled it off—but we’re sure glad they did! When it comes to cargo room, the Fit offers 16.6 cubic feet of space when the rear seat is upright. With the rear seat folded down, drivers can utilize 52.7 feet of cargo volume!
- Passenger Space: Passengers also get the royal treatment when it comes to interior roominess. The Fit provides seating for five and up to 95.7 cubic feet of passenger space for vehicle occupants to get comfy in.
- Utility Mode: Thanks to a 60/40-split 2nd-Row Magic Seat, which comes standard in the Honda Fit, a variety of seating/cargo configurations are at your disposal. When you need maximum cargo space, Utility Mode opens up the Fit’s 52.7 cubic feet, which is enough space to transport a Shetland pony! (Or something more practical, like a small sofa or set of luggage.)
- Long Mode: The Fit’s Long Mode configuration lets drivers carry long cargo that wouldn’t normally fit in a car—you would ordinarily need a truck or a large SUV with its seats folded down. Simply lower the front and rear passenger-side seats to pack in lengthy items like skis or surfboards.
- Tall Mode: Tall Mode, like its name suggests, makes way for tall cargo that needs to occupy considerable floor-to-ceiling space. Remove the headrests from the Fit’s rear seats and then fold the rear seats up to create up to 4 feet of room from the ceiling to the floor.
- Refresh Mode: The Fit even has a special configuration for drowsy drivers. When you need to pull over and catch some Z’s, just fold down either or both front seats, recline the back seats, and you’ve got a makeshift bed to stretch out on. Your front passenger can also take advantage of this configuration and catch a nice nap or stretch out while the car is in motion.
- Entertaining Technology: Stay entertained onboard the Fit with a variety of high-tech features that deliver music, podcasts, and more. The Fit features standard Bluetooth streaming audio and USB and HDMI ports along with an available 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen, available SiriusXM Satellite Radio, available HD Radio, available HondaLink, and available Pandora compatibility.
- Safety Features: Drivers and passengers can also stay safer on the road thanks to cutting-edge safety and driver-assist features like available Honda LaneWatch, a standard multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines, an advanced airbag system with rollover and front passenger sensors, and much more.
- MSRP: Clearly, the Honda Fit serves up a highly impressive array of assets, which is why it’s a little difficult to believe that all this can be yours for a price of just $15,990 MSRP for LX 6MT models**—but it’s true! This incredible car is affordable enough to fit just about any budget.
The Open Road Awaits!
Drivers can check out the amazing 2017 Honda Fit in person at any Hampton Roads Honda Dealers location. Stop in and see us or contact us today to take the Fit for a test drive!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.
**MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set own prices.