Pick from Seven 2017 Honda Ridgeline Trim Levels
As the entry-level 2017 Honda Ridgeline trim, the RT starts the truck off with a solid foundation for the other trims to add to. Under the hood is a 280-hp 3.5L V6 engine, the 64-inch bed offers plenty of space for tools and gear, and the five-passenger cab has room for family and friends. Add on the standard 3,500-pound towing capacity (5,000 pounds on all-wheel drive models), and it’s clear the RT is about as far from “basic” as a base pickup can be.
Highlights of Ridgeline RT models include:
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink: Connect your compatible phone for hands-free calls and streaming audio; just pair it once and the Ridgeline will connect automatically for a seamless connectivity experience.
- Rearview Camera: Whether backing into a tight parking spot or trying to line up the trailer, the standard multi-angle rearview camera gives you peace of mind. Just shift into reverse, and its view shows up on the in-dash LCD screen.
- Seven-Speaker Sound System: Set your work or fun soundtrack and trust the seven-speaker stereo and 200-watt amplifier to deliver the tunes you need to get you in the mood for the day ahead or to unwind from a long day.
With standard features like these as well as the Ridgeline’s lockable in-bed trunk, standard cargo anchors, and dual-action tailgate, we think that even the base RT trim is quite impressive. It only goes up from here.
Upgrading to the RTS brings body-color handles to the tailgate and doors as well as a new set of 18-inch machine-finished wheels. You’ll also find the following features on the cab:
- HomeLink Remote: This built-in remote can accept up to three different gate and garage door codes, letting you de-clutter the cab and use just one remote wherever you’re headed.
- Smart Entry: The Ridgeline RTS knows when your key fob is near, letting you rush out to the truck and hop up into the cab without ever needing to fish around for your keys.
- Tri-Zone Climate Control: With three customizable climate zones, the Ridgeline can ensure the rear passengers, front passenger, and driver are all comfortable. Just set the temperature and let the truck do the rest.
Most truck drivers aren’t just fans of the practicality of a pickup—they like its style, too. While all of the 2017 Honda Ridgeline trims have a sense of style to them, the Sport trim and the Black Edition (below) make style a top priority. Sport models add onto the RTS with features like:
- Gray Alloy Wheels: A set of exclusive 18-inch gray-painted alloys grace the Ridgeline Sport for a sleeker, darker look.
- Black Trimming: Unique exterior trim elements give the Sport trim a cool vibe and a mysterious aura that’s sure to leave people asking “Whose truck was that?”
- Footwell Lighting: With a name like “Sport,” the only fitting complement to the black accents, dark wheels, and dark-trimmed cabin is a set of red LED footwell lighting for that classic racetrack look.
The RTL starts off with a different wheel upgrade, to 18-inch six-spoke alloy rims, and then it adds on a long list of modern comforts, such as:
- Leather Upholstery: The five seats of the Ridgeline cab are all upholstered in genuine leather for added durability and a nice touch of class.
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel: Steer that 5,000-pound trailer or venture off-road with confidence by getting a solid grip on the leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Heated Front Seating: Fight the chill of winter with heated front seating, making your morning drive to work all the more bearable.
In addition to heating elements, the front seats also feature power-adjustable controls for maximum comfort, and Ridgeline RTL AWD models add on upgraded acoustic glass as well as a pair of heated side mirrors.
If the RTL brought luxury to the Ridgeline, the RTL-T takes its technology to new heights with advanced connectivity features like these:
- Android Auto / Apple CarPlay: These advanced systems are designed to interface directly with Apple and Android devices, speaking their language and bringing familiar apps (like messages or maps) to the Ridgeline touchscreen interface.
- HondaLink: This Honda-exclusive telematics system bridges the gap between truck and smartphone in new ways by reading your social media feeds, bringing podcasts and Internet radio to the cab, and letting you quickly and easily schedule routine maintenance.
- Honda LaneWatch: This Ridgeline feature is exclusive to the RTL-T trim and adds a camera to the passenger-side mirror so you can have a direct look at the blind spot before changing lanes.
Of the 2017 Honda Ridgeline trims, the RTL-E is where the truck starts to move into the realm of luxury, giving Hampton Roads drivers features like body-color parking sensors, a one-touch power moonroof, chrome accents, and a 540-watt sound system. You’ll also find the following features on RTL-E models:
- Honda Sensing: Advanced driver assistance and safety technologies like Lane Keeping Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Warning, and Adaptive Cruise Control define the Honda Sensing suite and give you an extra set of eyes on the road.
- Driver Memory Settings: Ensure the Ridgeline is exactly how you like it with these driver-side memory settings, reverting seat position and other options to your pre-set preferences.
- Truck Bed Audio System: Take the party wherever you go with the truck bed audio system, transforming the three walls of the bed into six waterproof speakers for your next camping trip or tailgate party.
All-wheel drive is standard on RTL-E and Black Edition models as well.
Ridgeline Black Edition
As the top 2017 Honda Ridgeline trim, the Black Edition is the definitive Honda pickup, fusing technology, luxury, performance, and style. These features add onto the RTL-E:
- New Leather Trim: The cabin is wrapped in black leather trim with contrast red stitching for a sporty yet elegant look.
- Black Chrome Accents: Take the style and class of chrome but shroud it in a bit of night so it just faintly glimmers. The Black Edition’s black chrome accents make it clear this is a truck unlike any other.
- Exclusive Wheels: The Black Edition rides tall on an exclusive set of 18-inch black-painted alloy rims, completing its cool-as-night styling.