If you’re shopping for a new car, fuel economy is likely a big consideration as you compare current models. Over the course of your search, you may have wondered how the 2017 Hyundai Elantra mpg, for instance, measures up against rival vehicles.
We’ve compiled a comparison between the Elantra and the popular 2016 Honda Civic Sedan to see how these two competitors fare when it comes to fuel efficiency. Read on to find out the results!
When it comes to gas mileage, this is how the Honda Civic models measure up:
- Civic LX: 6-speed manual transmission models achieve an EPA-estimated 27 city mpg and 40 highway mpg.*
- Civic LX CVT and EX: Achieve an EPA-estimated 31 city mpg and 41 highway mpg.*
- EX-T, EX-L, and Touring trims: All three models feature standard CVT and deliver an EPA-estimated 31 city mpg and 42 highway mpg.*
In comparison, the Hyundai Elantra models offer the following fuel economy stats:
- Elantra SE: Manual transmission models deliver 26 city mpg and 36 highway mpg; automatic transmission models deliver 29 city mpg and 38 highway mpg; automatic transmission models with Pop/Tech Package deliver 28 city mpg and 37 highway mpg.
- Elantra Eco: Delivers 32 city mpg and 40 highway mpg.
- Elantra Limited: Delivers 28 city mpg and 37 highway mpg.
As you can see, only the Elantra Eco trim even touches the Civic models for fuel economy excellence—and even then, the Elantra Eco does not exceed the Civic.
In terms of power under the hood, the Civic once again outdoes the Elantra.
Two engine options are offered for the 2016 Civic Sedan:
- 2.0L DOHC Inline 4-cylinder engine delivers 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque (in LX and EX models).
- 1.5L turbocharged DOHC Inline 4-cylinder engine produces 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque (EX-T, EX-L, and Touring trims).
The Elantra, in contrast, features a 2.0L Inline 4-cylinder engine in the SE and Limited trims that generates just 147 hp and 132 lb-ft of torque. The Eco model is powered by a 1.4L turbocharged engine that produces only 128 hp and 156 lb-ft of torque.
Give Superior Power a Try
Drivers can take the impressively performing 2016 Honda Civic for a spin at any Hampton Roads Honda location. Stop in and see us or contact us today!
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.