The 2019 Honda Pilot is a three-row SUV with available AWD, a well-equipped and spacious cabin, and plenty of power and capability on the road. With features that are ideal for the whole family—such as tri-zone automatic climate control and a rear entertainment system—the Pilot also offers families peace of mind as a Top Safety Pick+ from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS).
The Pilot earned the top scores for crashworthiness driver’s side, passenger’s side, roof strength, head restraints and seats, and more. Thanks to an innovating body design, the Pilot absorbs crash energy and distributes it away from the occupants sitting inside the cabin, keeping everyone safe from collisions from all sides. The SUV also earned the highest rating of “Good” for headlights, and a “Superior” rating in the crash avoidance and mitigation category for front crash prevention, thanks to the Honda Sensing suite of driver-assistive technology.
Honda Sensing is a suite of state-of-the-art technology systems that warn, prevent, and mitigate incidents on the road. The Collision Mitigation Braking System helped the Pilot earn its top score for front crash prevention and works by automatically engaging the brakes when an impending frontal impact is detected. The package includes:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – Front sensors detect when the Pilot is dangerously approaching an oncoming car or other object and engages the brakes in order to mitigate the impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – If the Pilot rolls over lane lines and road markings, this system can employ the brakes to prevent the Pilot from going off the road.
- Forward Collision Warning – If a possible frontal collision is detected, this system issues a warning to the driver to take swift action.
- Lane Departure Warning – If the Pilot rolls over lane lines on the highway, this system warns the driver to correct the steering.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – If the Lane Departure Warning goes on unheeded, this system nudges the steering to bring the Pilot back into the center of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Drivers select a desired speed and distance interval with the vehicle ahead on the road and this system keep the Pilot cruising while adapting to changes in the flow of traffic.
Test Drive Today
Find out more information on the 2019 Honda Pilot by contacting us or visiting your nearest Hampton Roads Honda Dealer. Explore current offers and sit behind the wheel to experience the Pilot first-hand with a test drive today!