The 2019 Honda Ridgeline is one of our most popular AWD models, and it’s capable of towing and carrying everything from off-road gear to DIY supplies. With that in mind, we’ve put together this quick guide covering:
- Honda Ridgeline Engine Specs
- Honda Ridgeline Towing Capacity
- Honda Ridgeline Payload
Power and Towing
While most pickups reserve their most powerful engines for their priciest models, the 2019 Honda Ridgeline provides the same cutting-edge 3.5L V6 across all trim levels for up to 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque.
Power is refined through a six-speed automatic transmission to make up to 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway*.
With that kind of power at your command, expect to tow up to:
- 3,500 lbs. with 2WD Configurations.
- 5,000 lbs. with 4WD Configurations.
The Honda Ridgeline offers a wide range of trim levels to help you land on the perfect light truck to meet your needs, so payload ratings are going to break down a little differently depending on the one you choose.
Here’s how each configuration performs.
|Sport||1,465 lbs.||1,580 lbs.|
|RTL||1,452 lbs.||1,569 lbs.|
|RTL-T||1,447 lbs.||1,562 lbs.|
|Black Edition||N/A||1,499 lbs.|
Towing and Payload Features
You’ll take full advantage of the Honda Ridgeline’s max tow rating through an integrated Class III Trailer Hitch and handle up to 1,580 lbs. of in-bed cargo with eight heavy-duty truck bed tie-down cleats.
The bed itself also hides a few innovative features you won’t find in rival models.
- Class-Exclusive In-Bed Trunk® Volume: Provides an extra 7.3 cubic feet of cargo space. It’s lockable, drainable, and comes with grocery bag hooks and guides for accessory cargo dividers.
- Industry-First Dual-Action Tailgate: For added flexibility while loading and unloading, the tailgate can be swung open from the side as well as dropped down from the bottom.
Come Take the 2019 Honda Ridgeline Out for a Test Drive
Critics from Edmunds.com loved the Honda Ridgeline’s “unique two-way tailgate and large lockable in-bed trunk”. To experience everything this innovative light truck can offer, simply visit your local Hampton Roads Honda dealer or contact us directly to explore current special offers.
*Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.