Comparing 2020 Honda Accord vs. 2020 Toyota Camry puts two of the world’s most popular midsize sedans against each other, so we’ve put together a quick and easy overview to help you see where each model stands out. Simply read on to compare these two models on:
- Starting Prices
- Power and MPG
- Interior Space
The Honda Accord offers five trim levels to help drivers find the perfect model to meet their needs. Starting MSRPs range between:
- 2020 Honda Accord Sedan LX CVT: Priced at $23,870 MSRP*
- 2020 Honda Accord Sedan Touring 2.0T 10-Speed Automatic: Priced at $36,100 MSRP*
Entry-level and top-tier Toyota Camry prices include:
- 2020 Toyota Camry L: Priced at $24,295 MSRP
- 2020 Toyota Camry XLE V6: Priced at $34,450 MSRP
Power and MPG
Drivers have always appreciated the Honda Accord’s ability to combine engaging performance with outstanding efficiency scores, and the 2020 model fully lives up to that reputation with the following engine options:
- 192 hp, 192 lb-ft of torque 1.5L VTEC® Turbocharged 4-Cylinder
- 252 hp, 273 lb-ft of torque 2.0L VTEC® Turbocharged 4-Cylinder
Even with such power under your command, the Honda Accord LX CVT makes up to an EPA-estimated 30 mpg in the city**. The Toyota Camry offers a touch more power, but only ever makes up to an EPA-estimated 29 mpg in the city. Engine options include:
- 203 hp, 184 lb-ft of torque 2.5L Dynamic Force 4-Cylinder
- 301 hp, 267 lb-ft of torque 3.5L V6
As noted by Edmunds: “The Accord offers about as much utility as is possible for a sedan.” Whether you’re looking at space for passengers or for cargo, the Honda Accord interior outpaces the Toyota Camry interior.
- Cargo Volume: Up to 16.7 cubic feet in the Honda Accord vs. 15.1 cubic feet in the Toyota Camry.
- Passenger Volume: Up to 105.6 cubic feet in the Honda Accord vs. 100.4 cubic feet in the Toyota Camry.
Test Drive the Honda Accord to Experience a Leading Midsize Sedan
The team at your nearest Hampton Roads Honda dealer will always be happy to assist with anything from choosing between trim levels to navigating current specials. For any further advice or assistance, simply contact us today.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $955.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.