Any driver looking for a compact crossover is likely to find themselves comparing 2020 Honda CR-V vs. 2020 Toyota RAV4. Once they start digging into the details, it quickly becomes obvious why the Honda CR-V is such an immensely popular model. To see what we mean, simply read on to compare them on:
- Starting Price
- Power and MPG
- Space and Features
Prices for entry-level models include:
- 2020 Honda CR-V LX 2WD CVT: Priced at $25,050*
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 LE FWD: Priced at $25,950
Prices for top-tier models include:
- 2020 Honda CR-V Touring AWD CVT: Priced at $34,750*
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 Limited AWD: $35,880
Whether you’re looking for a standard model or the cream of the crop, Toyota is going to make you pay more.
Power and MPG
Check out Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4 engine specs and you’ll see numbers running roughly the same:
- Honda CR-V: Makes up to 190 hp and 179 lb-ft of torque
- Toyota RAV4: Makes up to 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque
However, the 2020 Honda CR-V LX 2WD CVT makes up to an EPA-estimated 28 mpg in the city* while the 2020 Toyota RAV4 LE FWD makes up to an EPA-estimated 26 mpg in the city.
Space and Features
When it comes to passenger and cargo space, the Honda CR-V pulls far ahead of the Toyota RAV4:
- Passenger Space: Up to 105.9 cubic feet in the Honda CR-V vs. 98.9 in the Toyota RAV4.
- Cargo Space Behind the 2nd Row: Up to 39.2 cubic feet in the Honda CR-V vs. 37.6 in the Toyota RAV4.
- Cargo Space Behind the 1st Row: Up to 75.8 cubic feet in the Honda CR-V vs. 69.8 in the Toyota RAV4.
Compare Honda CR-V standard features against 2020 Toyota RAV4 standard features and you’ll find only the former offering:
- Automatic Headlights
- Auto-Off Headlights
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
The 2020 Honda CR-V Effortlessly Outpaces the 2020 Toyota RAV4
As summed up by the team at Car and Driver: “Buyers looking for a refined, capable, and practical small SUV will not be disappointed by the CR-V.” You can find it alongside all our latest special offers by visiting your local Hampton Roads Honda dealer. For any further advice or assistance, don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,095.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.