As noted by Edmunds: “The Honda Fit has always been a marvel of packaging, delivering SUV-like versatility in a tiny hatchback footprint.” Compare 2020 Honda Fit vs. 2020 Toyota Yaris and you’ll quickly understand why the former subcompact hatchback is so critically-acclaimed. To put things in perspective, we’ve gone ahead and matched them up on:
- Starting Price
- Power and Efficiency
- Space and Features
The Toyota Yaris isn’t likely to break the bank, but it still starts considerably higher than the Honda Fit. Simply compare two entry-level models to see how things stand:
- 2020 Honda Fit LX CVT: Priced at $16,990*
- 2020 Toyota Yaris Hatchback LE 6AT: Priced at $17,750*
Power and Efficiency
The Honda Fit delivers performance above and beyond what the Toyota Yaris can muster:
- Honda Fit Power: A 1.5L 4-cylinder delivers up to 130 hp and 114 lb-ft of torque.
- Toyota Yaris Power: A 1.5L 4-cylinder delivers up to just 106 hp and 103 lb-ft of torque.
Despite commanding more power, the Honda Fit makes up to an EPA-estimated 33 mpg in the city** while the entry-level Toyota Yaris only makes up to an EPA-estimated 32 mpg in the city.
Space and Features
Whether you want to fit in cargo or passengers, interior dimensions come out ahead in the Honda Fit:
- Passenger Volume: Up to 95.7 cubic feet in the Honda vs. 86.7 cubic feet in the Toyota.
- Cargo Volume: Up to 16.6 cubic feet behind the 2nd row of the Honda vs. 15.9 cubic feet behind the 2nd row of the Toyota.
Compare Honda Fit standard features against Toyota Yaris standard features and you’ll find only the former offering:
- Automatic Headlights
- Auto-Off Headlights
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
The Toyota Yaris also completely fails to deliver the following driver assistance technologies, all of which are available with the Honda Fit:
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Honda LaneWatch™
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
The Honda Fit Leaves the Toyota Yaris Looking Utterly Outclassed
You can discover everything from Honda Fit performance to Honda Fit trim levels at your local Hampton Roads Honda dealer – we’ll even introduce you to all our latest special offers. To find out more, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $930.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.