Odyssey: The Best Minivan of 2016?
Trims and Pricing
Whether you’re looking for a basic family vehicle or a top-of-the-line luxury minivan, there’s a Honda Odyssey trim that’s right for you.
2016 Odyssey LX: $29,550 (MSRP)*
2016 Odyssey EX: $32,700 (MSRP)*
2016 Odyssey Special Edition: $33,650 (MSRP)*
2016 Odyssey EX-L: $36,200 (MSRP)*
2016 Odyssey Touring: $42,455 (MSRP)*
2016 Odyssey Touring Elite: $45,025 (MSRP)*
Performance and Fuel Economy
The engine might not be the top priority for drivers looking for the best minivan of 2016, but performance specs and fuel economy should be on your mind.
- The 2016 Odyssey has a 3.5L V6 rated at 248 hp and 250 lb-ft of torque, giving it plenty of power when you need to make up for lost time taking the kids to school or heading to work.
- 2016 Honda Odyssey minivans earn an EPA-estimated 28 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city for 22 mpg combined city/highway driving.*
Honda has been giving their vehicles some of the most advanced entry-level amenities, ranging from Bluetooth to a rearview camera to a built-in infotainment system. Not only does the Odyssey have those, it gives drivers access to a wide range of upgradeable features, including:
- Built-in HondaVac vacuum cleaner for easy cleaning of spills
- Rear DVD entertainment system to keep the kids occupied on long drives
- Satellite-linked navigation with points of interest and traffic re-routing
- Ambient lighting in the front footwells
- Tri-zone automatic climate control to keep everyone comfortable
- Power-adjustable front seating with available lumbar support and seat memory
- HondaLink telematics to sync your phone and Odyssey
With convenience, comfort, and connectivity features like these, we think you’ll have a tough time leaving the Odyssey after reaching your destination.
Safety Features and Crash Test Scores
As a minivan, the Odyssey has to be safe, and Honda engineers have taken driver and passenger safety to the next level with standard and available safety features like:
- Rearview camera with guidelines
- Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning
- Front, side, and side-curtain airbags with rollover sensor
- Front and rear parking sensors
- LATCH-compatible child safety seat anchors
Safety features like these helped the 2016 Odyssey to earn a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration,*** and models with Forward Collision Warning have earned a 2016 Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.****
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $900.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.
**Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.
***Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).
****The following 2016 models have been awarded an esteemed TOP SAFETY PICK rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in recognition of their excellent safety performance: Accord Sedan, Accord Coupe, CR-V, Pilot, and Odyssey.