Technology Features of the 2018 Honda Accord
High-End Safety Technologies
The engineers at Honda think that every driver deserves access to the very best in safety. To that end, they’ve included the Honda Sensing safety package in every single 2018 Accord trim level. Additional available features like a Head-Up Display, a Blind Spot Information System, and Advanced Compatibility Engineering body structure make the Accord a fantastic option for any family.
- Honda Sensing Package: The Honda Sensing package keeps expanding, and this year, it offers a Collision Mitigation Braking System, a Lane Keeping Assist System, a Road Departure Mitigation System, Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow, and much more.
- Head-Up Display: Honda has now found a way to display all the information you need to drive directly on your vehicle’s windshield. This configurable system lets you view your speed, rpm, navigation instructions, traffic sign recognition information, and more—without ever taking your eyes off the road. It’s a standard feature on Touring models.
- Blind Spot Information System: No one has perfect vision behind the wheel, but when you upgrade to the Accord’s EX trim or higher, you’ll receive a Blind Spot Information System and a Rear Cross Traffic Monitor, standard. Both use audiovisual alerts to help you stay aware of your surroundings.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering: A vehicle is only as safe as its frame is strong! Every Accord model has been designed with Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure, a combination of rigid and flexible building materials that works to minimize the dangerous effects of a collision.
Connectivity and Entertainment Functions
There’s no limit to what you can accomplish when you’re traveling in the 2018 Honda Accord. Its five trim levels offer more convenience, connectivity, and audio features than you’ll know what to do with, and no matter which option you decide on, the Accord will feel like a home away from home!
- Mobile Hotspot Capability: Now you can take your Wi-Fi with you wherever you go! Drivers who want to maximize their contact with the outside world can set up a mobile hotspot subscription on the Accord Sedan’s top-of-the-line Touring trim.
- HondaLink: The HondaLink app can connect directly to the Accord Sedan’s Sport, EX, EX-L, and Touring trims. With this feature, you’ll enjoy access to parking location reminders, maintenance scheduling, 24-hour roadside assistance, and more.
- Premium Stereo Options: A 160-watt four-speaker audio system comes standard in the baseline LX trim, while the Sport and EX trim levels offer a 180-watt eight-speaker system instead. The engineers at Honda have equipped the Accord’s EX-L and Touring models with an incredible 450-watt 10-speaker Premium Audio System that even includes a subwoofer.
- Smartphone Integration: Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and an SMS text message function come standard in the Sport trim level and up. Those who upgrade all the way to the Touring trim will also receive a wireless phone charger and near-field communication Bluetooth technology.
- 8-Inch Display Audio System: This high-resolution (720p) touchscreen has been redesigned to maximize ease-of-access and control. It now includes volume knobs and hard keys in addition to customizable touchscreen buttons.
- SiriusXM and HD Radio: Drivers who upgrade to the EX trim or higher will enjoy an expansive suite of options and superior audio quality thanks to the inclusion of SiriusXM radio and HD radio technology. Both features are available as optional upgrades even in the Accord’s Sport trim.