American drivers value their American made cars, which is just one reason Honda models remain so popular. Cars.com just named 6 in the top 10 of their 2019 American-Made Index, and most of the Honda lineup is built right here in the U.S.
Cars.com’s top 10 included:
- Honda Odyssey
- Honda Ridgeline
- Honda Passport
- Honda Pilot
Where Are Hondas Made?
Honda is about to celebrate 40 years of making products in America. Close to two-thirds of the Honda and 99 percent of the Acura vehicles sold in the U.S. are made in plants in Ohio, Indiana, and Alabama, which gives Honda the second highest percentage of all automakers.
Beyond the models included in Cars.com’s top 10, the Honda Accord came in 14th and is one of only three passenger cars in the top 15. The Odyssey, Ridgeline, Passport, and Pilot are all produced exclusively by Honda Manufacturing of Alabama in Lincoln, Alabama
Cars.com’s American-Made Index
The team at Cars.com use a range of factors to determine which new cars and trucks contribute most to the U.S. economy, including:
- Assembly Location
- Domestic-Parts Content
- U.S. Factory Employment Adjusted by Sales
- Engine and Transmission Origin
Among their top 10 for 2019 were the following Honda models:
- Honda Odyssey: A spacious 8-seater minivan, the Honda Odyssey boasts V6 power as standard and a wide selection of top-tier features, including a Rear Entertainment System and HondaVAC Built-In Vacuum Cleaner.
- Honda Ridgeline: Famous for its Dual-Action Tailgate, In-Bed Trunk, and truck bed audio system, the Ridgeline harnesses up to 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque across all trims.
- Honda Passport: This all-new SUV is designed for those who need trail-ready capability on the weekend and premium space and comfort through the week.
- Honda Pilot: Equipped with features such as Wireless Charging and an Advanced Rear Entertainment System with 10.2-Inch Screen, the Honda Pilot offers three rows of seating.