Technology Features of the 2018 Honda CR-V
CR-V Entertainment Features
The CR-V may be billed as a utility vehicle, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t have plenty of fun behind the wheel! This year’s CR-V comes equipped with a huge variety of audio inputs and music options, and its top-notch equipment lets you experience your favorite music like never before.
- 330-Watt 9-Speaker Premium Audio System: The top-tier CR-V Touring comes standard with a 330-watt nine-speaker Premium Audio System with a subwoofer. Each of the three lower level trims includes its own unique system, with the LX, EX, and EX-L possessing, respectively, a 160-watt four-speaker system, a 180-watt six-speaker system, and a 180-watt eight-speaker system.
- High-Quality Radio Features: Even in the CR-V’s baseline LX trim, drivers will encounter Bluetooth streaming audio, Pandora radio compatibility, and a USB audio interface. In the EX trim level and above, drivers will also receive SiriusXM satellite radio.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: You can enjoy easy access to a compatible smartphone’s audio library using either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Once you’ve connected your device, you won’t have to fiddle with cords or switch between apps on your smartphone’s screen. You’ll be able to play all your favorite songs and podcasts directly from your CR-V’s audio interface.
Convenience and Connectivity in the CR-V
The time you spend on the road will feel a whole lot easier when you’ve got the CR-V’s suite of technology features working for you. Across this vehicle’s four trim levels, you’ll encounter features that can improve every aspect of your touring experience, whether you’re loading up cargo, finding the right directions, or trying to stay connected to the outside world.
- HondaLink: The HondaLink smartphone app can provide you with instant access to detailed vehicle guides, 24-hour roadside assistance, service reminders, and much more. It can even help you remember where you parked!
- Power Tailgate: The Honda CR-V EX-L comes standard with a programmable power tailgate. On the Touring trim level, you’ll be able to open this tailgate using hands-free access. Just run your foot underneath the CR-V’s rear bumper, and your tailgate will open automatically to its programmed height.
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System: 3D terrain rendering, HD Digital Traffic updates, lane guidance, and voice recognition make this navigation system one of the most valuable CR-V technology features there is! It’s standard on Touring models.
The Safety Features You Deserve
Honda has always placed a high premium on driver and passenger safety, and even their lower-level vehicle trims have a lot to offer. The 2018 Honda CR-V combines tried-and-tested design features with next-generation smart safety technologies to keep your family safe on the road.
- Blind Spot Monitoring System: On the CR-V’s EX trim level and up, you’ll receive a blind spot monitoring system, standard. This system uses audio and visual cues to let you know when there’s a hard-to-see vehicle in your immediate vicinity.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: With wide-angle, normal, and top-down viewing modes, you’ll have little trouble maneuvering in even the closest quarters. Guidelines come standard on the baseline LX, and on every other CR-V model, you’ll receive dynamic guidelines instead.
- Honda Sensing: Computer-powered driver-assistance technologies are making the roads safer for everyone. The Honda Sensing package—standard on the EX and up—offers a Lane Keeping Assist System, a Road Departure Mitigation System, a Collision Mitigation Braking System, and even Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering: This smart frame is a part of every CR-V model. ACE body structure utilizes the properties of several different materials in order to direct collision forces away from those seated in the cabin.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $975.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set own prices.